Ayurveda Fall Transition TipsAyurveda helps us get back in touch with our natural rhythms in order to find balance, health, and happiness. Mama Gaia has everything we need to survive; we just have to listen. Here are some Ayurveda fall transition tips to help you adapt from Summer to Fall.
- Practice daily Abhyanga or self-massage using a Vata type of oil. This will help with the dry skin and also keep you grounded and warm. It can also help managing stress and anxiety which are also common in this season. If we look at fall, we can notice it is mainly dry, cold, windy, mobile. It is a time where dry skin is very common and our bodies are preparing for Winter by accumulating heat inside.
- Favor Vata foods that are warm and easy to digest like bone broth, soups, cooked veggies with ghee, and creams. Think about decreasing the number of bitter foods and increasing sweet foods.
- Add more digestive herbs such as ginger, turmeric, black pepper, cumin, and fenugreek to your foods
- Favor warm teas that stimulate digestion and circulation such as Chyawanprash, ginger, cinnamon, CCF (equal parts of cumin, coriander, and fennel), and tulsi (holy basil).
- Allow yourself to slow down. Remember, Winter is coming and the body naturally starts to slow down so it’s normal to feel like you want to sleep more. The key is to rest without forgetting our daily routines or getting to the point where you only want to sleep. Practicing slow yoga routines like Yin or Hatha yoga are great ways to slow down.