Tips from Ayurveda for High Blood Pressure
- Look into your diet, asses what you are eating, and carry out a cleanse to get rid of built up ama or toxicity (under the supervision of someone trained that knows how your system works)
- Practice Pranayama breathing exercises, such as Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing)
- Make time for Meditation, such as the Buddhist Anapanasati where you become aware of the breath as it flows in and out of your being, with each breath out you let go and increase you awareness of your whole body
- Drink herbal tea. A beautiful herb that can be drunk as a tea that I would recommend to support your system and help alleviate stressors is that of Tulsi, our Holy Basil. (If you are taking this medicinally, I recommend you speak to a practitioner who can recommend doses and timings suitable for your system). Another tea to take is chamomile, as it can help relax the body, mind and blood vessels. I even like to add a few drops of Roman Chamomile essential oil to my bath, if I'm looking to really have a deep relax (I will light candles, add salts, and play some super chilled music too!)
- And finally: turn off your WiFi and mobile phone at night. No one needs to be sleeping in man-made EMF baths, your system needs time to reboot and properly chill out, and if it's under constant bombardment from varying frequencies of electro magnetic waves, it doesn’t have a chance to do this. So I say to all my patients: try and get rid completely of the WiFi in your house and use ethernet cables, or at the very least, turn it off at night.