Breathing Exercise to Enhance Your EnergyBreathing exercises or pranayama are powerful meditation tools to enhance energy. There are a variety of breathing exercises, all of which provide various outcomes. In general, an energy enhancement meditation will work to cultivate energy through stimulation. An invigorating breathing exercise such as the double inhale breath works best. Double inhale pranayama is a rapid breathing technique that brings more oxygen and prana or lifeforce into your body. This double inhale breathing pranayama exercise is simple and easy for beginners. Start slow and work your way up. How to:
- Start by sitting comfortably on a mat or chair. (use a block or bolster if on the ground). Hands are facing up on your knees or lap.
- Take three full cleansing breaths in and out (focus on breathing through your lower abdomen)
- Take your first inhale through your NOSE and lift your hands to shoulder height.
- On your second inhale through your NOSE and lift your hands to the top of your head.
- Flip your palms over and Exhale through your MOUTH, lowering your hands. (your hands will naturally want to flip over at the top, allow this)
- Continue how many rounds feel good.
- Start slow, and then increase your speed as you feel comfortable.
- Start with 20, 50, then work your way up to 108.