Build Ojas to GroundThere is a reason some people get sick all the time and others don’t. Whether it’s becoming physically ill or sick due to chronic stress, anxiety, or fear, a lot of what makes us susceptible to sickness is due to the strength of our ojas. By strengthening your ojas, you are directly increasing your overall health and wellbeing, making you more able to handle life’s daily stressors. Try this grounding meditation to connect you to the Earth, and build ojas within.
5-Minute Grounding Meditation
- Find a comfortable seat, and connect your feet to the ground.
- Sit up tall and lengthen your spine from your sitting bone, all the way through the crown of your head.
- Allow your body to settle. Take any last little movement to become entirely comfortable.
- Gently close your eyes, or soften your gaze to the tip of your nose.
- Take a long breath out. Notice your body as you exhale and release stagnant energy.
- Bring your attention to your lower belly as you breathe in and out. Place your hands on top of your stomach for further connection.
- Breathe slowly and deeply, in and out.
- Now, imagine a white light coming from your higher power from above. Bring that energy and light into your physical body through the crown of your head.
- Feel that energy moving directly down your spine, collecting any imbalances that have accumulated in your body.
- Notice the energy moving within you.
- See, imagine, or feel those energetic imbalances within you moving down and out through the soles of your feet. Then entering back into the Earth to be recycled.
- Ask that those imbalances be washed away.
- Call in the grounding, reliable, stable energy of the Earth. Invite this energy back up through your feet, into your legs, and your whole being.
- Feel your energy strong and your vigor to be restored as you become connected with the Earth and the universal energy around you.
- Open your eyes slowly, and write down anything that came to you during this meditation.