A Note on the Ayurvedic Approach to SexOne might be interested to know that, despite having strict laws on the way that sexuality is portrayed in their culture, India has done a lot of study into the finer variables of sex. The Kama Sutra is a fantastic example of this. One thing to be aware of is that Ayurvedics don't view sex the same way that we do here in the west. They believe that sex is not just a normal part of our biological lives, but an important aspect of our health. Virility, sexual health, and longevity are all closely related in Ayurveda - especially for men. A man who has difficulty getting or maintaining an erection will often seek help from an Ayurvedic practitioner because impotence is not just a sign of being unable to perform sexually, but of poor health. For that, and many other reasons, Ayurveda has provided us with a large number of compounds, recipes, and ingredients for improving sexual health.
Ayurvedic Medicine for SexThere are different medicines prescribed for different sexual problems in Ayurveda. For Premature Ejaculation Men who struggle with ejaculating prematurely - that is, before their partners are satisfied - could benefit from this medicine.
- Sri Gopal Taila, a medicine developed to fight neuro-muscular problems, which can be applied to the penis before intercourse.
- Shilajit, a mineral-dense mountain resin, helps promote circulation and reduce anxiety.
- Asparagus racemosus is used to help promote circulation and sexual function.
- Indian ginseng, or ashwagandha, is known to help boost libido and erectile health.
- Indian ginseng, or ashwagandha, is able to help boost libido.
- Rhodiola rosea, also popular in Traditional Chinese Medicine, is wildly capable of boosting sex drive.
- Shilajit is known to help enhance libido.
- Dhatupaushtik Churna, an Ayurvedic tonic containing ashwagandha, asparagus racemosus, shatavari, kali musli, and a number of other ingredients that can enhance sexual health.
- Rhodiola rosea
- Ashoka, Shatavari, or Aloe Vera, which can help treat ovulation disorders.
- Dashmoola, Guduchi, Jeevanti, which can help prevent premature ovarian failure.
- Guduchi, punarnava, which can help promote fertility in case of blocked fallopian tubes.
- Chyawanprash was said to be developed to help improve the virility of the sage Chyawan, who gave the substance its namesake. At present, it can still help to improve libido, boost fertility, and enhance sexual ability in both genders.