The longest and most intimate relationship you will ever have is the one with yourself. That’s a solemn thought, but so true!
What’s more is that self-love is the foundation for all the love you can share with others.
That’s why it’s vital to consistently work on building a healthy and loving relationship with yourself. To deepen your connection within, try this self-love yoga sequence. These yoga poses and meditation practice will encourage you to honor your inner strength and emerging heart.
Self Love Yoga Poses
Try self-love yoga poses individually or as a sequence to show yourself, love.
- Happy Baby
- Cat / Cow
- Forward fold
- Tree pose
- Standing side body stretch
- Eagle pose
- Kneeling crescent + heart opener (R/L)
- Warrior 2 (R/L)
- Frog pose
- Child’s pose
- ½ Pigeon pose
- Supine Twist
Experience the power of heart opening backbends with yoga for energy.
Affirmations for Self-Love
Affirmations are a powerful way to build that internal connection with self further. Feel empowered and love through these self-love affirmations.
- I am safe and secure.
- I am filled with abundance and gratitude.
- Love radiants from me and into me.
- I allow myself to be who I am without judgment.
- I permit myself to do what is right for me.
- My mind is full of brilliant ideas.
- I am at peace with who I am as a person.
To deepen your practice, discover how to love yourself through the holiness of holistic.
Loving Kindness Meditation
Start or finish your self-love yoga practice with a loving-kindness meditation. In just 5 minutes, you can connect to your purest heart and become a beacon of love to yourself and others.
- Find a comfortable place to sit with your spine straight and your feet on the floor.
- Gently close your eyes and gently relax your body.
- Take a deep breath in and a deep breath out.
- Begin to think of a person close to you who loves you very much. It may be someone’s past or present. Imagine this person standing in front of you, sending you their love. Feel the warm wishes and love coming from that particular person towards you.
- Now, imagine that you are surrounded by all the people who love you and have loved you. Picture all of your family and friends surrounding you. They are all sending you wishes for your well-being, health, and happiness. Bask in this love.
- Next, picture a person that you love, maybe a relative or friend. Begin to send the love that you just felt back to this person. Just like you, this person wishes to be well, healthy, and happy. Send all of your love and warm wishes to this person.
- Now think of an acquaintance or someone you don’t know very well and have no particular feeling. Perhaps this is your barista, neighbor, or bus driver. You and this person are also alike in your wish to live happily. Feel their presence next to you. Like you, this person wishes to experience joy. Send all of your wishes of well-being to this person. Send them all of your love.
- Finally, expand your awareness and imagine the whole globe in front of you, with all the people, plants, and animals that live on it. Send all of your love and warm wishes to every being on the globe.
- Repeat this phrase three times: “Just as I wish to, may you live with ease, may you be happy, may you be safe and healthy”.
- Take a deep breath in and a deep breath out. When you are ready, you may open your eyes.
Rejuvenate with Tea
To replenish your body and mind after this self-love yoga practice, take 1 tsp of PIOR Living Chyawanprash to rebuild ojas, increase your immune health, and nourish your soul.
Clare Michalik, Ayurvedic Practitioner