Meet Selina Van Orden! Selina is a fully qualified Ayurvedic Practitioner, having trained for 5 years at the UK’s College of Ayurveda, with clinical training in Karnataka, Maharashtra and California. A member of the Ayurvedic Practitioners Association, Selina has talked in the British Parliament and the European Parliament, on integrating Ayurveda into the western system. Always striving for deeper wisdom to share with patients and shape treatment, Selina continues the study of plants, Sanskrit, meditation, pranayama, astrology, and medicine, under the guidance of her teachers. Follow her at @_atyourbest.
Hi, I’m Selina! It is a joy to be here, I can’t wait to hear all of the questions you have about Ayurveda! It has transformed my life, and I know it can do amazing things for yours. We are living through an incredibly tough time at the moment, and it is more important than ever that we reach out and support one another. So, what ever you want to know about wellness and the world of Ayurveda, feel free to ask…
Please do not submit specific or personal medical questions.
Get Answers to Previous Questions or Watch Educational Videos:
- I’m A Busy Mother Of Three, How Do I Cook Fresh Foods To Suit Everyone Without Spending My Life Cooking. And How Do I Eat Out ‘Safely’ Within The Realms Of Ayurveda?Lorraine, Montréal, Québec, CanadaHow do we eat good, easy, fresh food within the safety net of Ayurveda? Without spending our life cooking, while accommodating a household of people with different constitutions…My first piece of advice would be to look at what all good Ayurvedic food has in common. Then would look at how we can make it easy for ourselves....Read More
- How Should I Store Chyawanprash and Ghee?Lisa, Chicago, USAThe beauty of both Chyawanprash and Ghee is that they do not need to be refrigerated. I like to keep mine in a cupboard in the kitchen which is easily reachable so that I can consume it happily each day....Read More
- If I Cannot Have Dairy, Can I Have Ghee?Natasha, NYC, USAA lactose intolerance means you have problems digesting lactose. This shows up as digestive disturbance, including bloating, cramps, constipation or diarrhoea, excess gas and a painful abdomen. If you suffer from these symptoms of lactose intolerance, you can consume Pior’s ghee as the lactose has been removed in the process of making the product....Read More
- How Do I Work Out My Ayurvedic Constitution and How I Am Out of Balance?Hope, Los Angeles, CaliforniaWe are all made up of all the doshas (vata, pitta, and kapha) to varying degrees, one or two are usually more dominant than others...that you are ticking all the dosha imbalance boxes could well be the case. But what is showing up and how is what needs to be worked out. For there are a multitude of reasons, routes and root causes that have got you here....Read More
- How Can I Find Out What My Ayurvedic Constitution Is?Corina, Bergamo, ItalyAyurveda is all about how we navigate the outside world while staying in balance inside. It is about how gracefully we can allow these two envronments to meet....Read More
- In What Order Should I Consume Ghruta and Chyawanprash in the Morning?Alicia, Lake Placid, NYGetting our morning routine right is one of the most important things we can do for ourselves. It is, after all, how we begin our day, creating the imprint for the hours that follow. If we begin it well, - in harmony with our needs and constitution - then we are giving ourselves the best chance of feeling balanced and energised for the rest of the day....Read More
- Can I Consume Ghee If I Have a Dairy Allergy?Angenique, Lafayette, LouisianaThe process of making ghruta - means that the lactose and beta casein - which are the disturbing qualities of the dairy product (as mentioned above) are removed. So those with a lactose intolerance can consume it...Read More
- Can I Add Chyawanprash To My Morning Smoothie?Blaine, New Orleans, USAThe short answer to the question is: no. Not on my watch. It raises an important set of points that I am keen to cover because Ayurveda was formed in utter precision, not a stone was left unturned and not a hair is out of place....Read More
- As I Enter the Middle Stages of My Life, Are There Any Ayurvedic Practices that Will Help Me Feel Vibrant, Giving Me More Time and Space For Creativity?Jessie, London, UKAyurveda gives us tools to feel vibrant, happy and at ease throughout the phases of our life. It is not a linear continuum, but a process of constant response to differing inner and outer worlds....Read More
- Are There Natural Remedies For A 92 Year Old Man With Chronic Constipation?Mr Wesley, London, UKAyurveda treatments begin with gut health. Our ability to properly digest our food and experiences is paramount in Ayurveda. In life in general, we neither want to hold on too tightly, nor push away too sternly. Our tendency in either direction is reflected in our bowel movements....Read More