Meet Selina Van Orden! Selina is a fully qualified Ayurvedic Practitioner, having trained for 5 years at the UK’s College of Ayurveda, with clinical training in Karnataka, Maharashtra and California. A member of the Ayurvedic Practitioners Association, Selina has talked in the British Parliament and the European Parliament, on integrating Ayurveda into the western system. Always striving for deeper wisdom to share with patients and shape treatment, Selina continues the study of plants, Sanskrit, meditation, pranayama, astrology, and medicine, under the guidance of her teachers. Follow her at @_atyourbest.
Hi, I’m Selina! It is a joy to be here, I can’t wait to hear all of the questions you have about Ayurveda! It has transformed my life, and I know it can do amazing things for yours. We are living through an incredibly tough time at the moment, and it is more important than ever that we reach out and support one another. So, what ever you want to know about wellness and the world of Ayurveda, feel free to ask…
Please do not submit specific or personal medical questions.
Get Answers to Previous Questions:
- Is it ok to eat salad in the colder, winter months?Frances, Norwich, UKIn the eyes of Ayurveda, everything is made up of qualities. These qualities tell us how it will interact with anything it meets. For example, if you add an ice cube to a glass of water, it will make it cold. Or if you put oil on your skin, it will take away the dryness by moisturising it....Read More
- How Can I Know What is Natural and What is Organic When I’m Buying My Beauty Products?Rosie, Oxford, UKWe all have different skin and body needs, what suits you might not suit me. So get to know what you need. Do you have deeply dry skin, or superficially dry skin with a little oiliness underneath, do you need warming oils or cooling ones, does your skin respond well to essential oils etc....Read More
- How Is Inflammation Viewed from an Ayurvedic Perspective?Caroline, vN, Berlin, Germany...I say all this in order to explain where inflammation often begins: toxic undigested food waste circulating the channels of the body....Read More
- What is the Best Ayurvedic Medicine for the Lungs? Paul, Copenhagen, DenmarkThe lungs are incredible organs that are constantly working for us. We need to take care of them, so finding the best Ayurvedic medicine for the lungs is key! They are our lifeline. The exchange zone between the air and prana from the outside world and our inside world. They hug the heart, and fill up most of the upper chest using the rib cage as protection....Read More
- What is a Good Natural Spice for Reducing Blood Pressure?Lisa L, NY, USAPeople often ask me what Ayurveda is all about, and my response usually goes something like this: unlike modern western medicine, Ayurveda doesn’t like to stick plasters on symptoms. Rather, it wants to find the root of the imbalance, and work its way up from there to a state of equilibrium....Read More
- Why Should We Do An Ayurvedic Autumn Cleanse?Rose, London, UKIn Ayurveda, the channels of the body need to be kept clear. Vital energy needs to flow properly, nutrients need to be absorbed. This is why an Ayurvedic autumn cleanse is key....Read More
- What’s the deal with Chyawanprash?Amanda J., MD, USAHa! Yes, it is a mouthful. But gosh do we get a mouth full of elixir when we use it. Chyawanprash is called the elixir of life in Ayurveda. It is a complex concoction of medicinal herbs, honey, and ghee. It has the power to rejuvenate the entire body, as well as taking on the quiet claim that it can lengthen the span of someone’s life…...Read More
- Why Do I Keep Hearing About Ayurveda At the Moment?Jan, Prague, Czech RepublicModern life is fast changing and can often be overwhelming. We are adaptive creatures who want to feel well, so I think there’s been a growing interest in yoga, meditation, astrology, plant-based diets and natural alternatives for health as an antidote to that which exhausts us....Read More
- What Can Ayurveda Do For Me?Akin, Marseilles, FranceAyurveda is a blueprint for life, and more specifically your life. It understands that each of us has a unique body-mind constitution, meaning a lifestyle plan is tailored specifically to you so you can feel great....Read More