Meet Selina Van Orden! Selina is a fully qualified Ayurvedic Practitioner, having trained for 5 years at the UK’s College of Ayurveda, with clinical training in Karnataka, Maharashtra and California. A member of the Ayurvedic Practitioners Association, Selina has talked in the British Parliament and the European Parliament, on integrating Ayurveda into the western system. Always striving for deeper wisdom to share with patients and shape treatment, Selina continues the study of plants, Sanskrit, meditation, pranayama, astrology, and medicine, under the guidance of her teachers. Follow her at @_atyourbest.
Hi, I’m Selina! It is a joy to be here, I can’t wait to hear all of the questions you have about Ayurveda! It has transformed my life, and I know it can do amazing things for yours. We are living through an incredibly tough time at the moment, and it is more important than ever that we reach out and support one another. So, what ever you want to know about wellness and the world of Ayurveda, feel free to ask…
Please do not submit specific or personal medical questions.
Get Answers to Previous Questions or Watch Educational Videos:
- Since having children, I have lost my natural kapha hair tendencies: it’s gone from thick and shiny to dry with brittle ends. Do you have any tips for regaining hair health?Our dear heads of hair, how they can change and what they're trying to tell us when they do... In Ayurveda, hair is seen as a “waste product” of bone tissue, meaning: once all that is needed to nourish the bone tissue has been used, the leftovers are given to the hair (and nails). I wonder how your nails are? I suspect they might have become weaker too....Read More
- Why do I get pimples and spot breakouts as an adult on my face? Do parts of the face relate to different systems of the body according to Ayurveda?Pimples and breakouts are usually the work of a pitta dosha imbalance in my experience, as well as build up of toxicity (ama) in the system. Pitta is made up of fire and water element. Its qualities are heat, oiliness, penetrating sharpness and transformation - and I tell you this as it gives us clues into things going on inside you that have lead to pimples popping out on your skin....Read More
- Why Does Ayurveda Advocate A Morning Routine?Christian, Andalucía, SpainJust as we can rely on the sun rising and setting each day, our bodies and minds thrive when they have a routine. The world is ebbing and flowing around us, and we need to know how to be resilient amidst this. This is why an Ayurvedic morning routine is so important. Each of us is different, living in different environments and climates, so it is about creating our own personal plan....Read More
- I am feeling cold and have low energy. Is there anything Ayurveda can do to help me in these winter months?Patricia, Paris, FranceI feel you, yes, we are fully immersed in the Kapha sprinkled with a little Vata season. Meaning we will likely be feeling cold, lethargic, moody, down, anxious and sleepy if these are out of balance. And we don’t want that! Not right now please!...Read More
- Selina Discusses How to Use Oils to Support DetoxificationSelina Van Orden from At Your Best discusses traditional Ayurvedic ways of supporting detoxification process through oils. Ayurveda wants us to be in balance, and using oil is a great way of bringing this about when there is anxiety and distress proliferating....Read More
- Selina Discusses Rasayana TherapySelina Van Orden from At Your Best discusses Ayurvedic Rasayana. Rasayana is a rejuvenative therapy; it is the zenith of treatment, and the medicine Chyawanprash is one of its best examples....Read More
- Selina Discusses MantrasSelina Van Orden from At Your Best talks about how mantras are medicine for the mind in Ayurveda. They treat worry, anxiety, and Vata disturbances by filling the body with specific positive vibrations....Read More
- Selina Discusses ChyawanprashSelina Van Orden from At Your Best discusses the Ayurvedic 'Nectar of Immortality': Chyawanprash. This is the ultimate rasayana rejuvenative therapy stemming from ancient times as it feeds the cells, body and mind....Read More
- Selina Discusses GroundingSelina Van Orden from At Your Best discusses grounding techniques, and ways of rooting ourselves when we are feeling anxious and all over the place....Read More
- Selina Discusses ImmunitySelina Van Orden from At Your Best looks at immunity through the eyes of Ayurveda, and discusses what it is and how we can support our immune systems....Read More